Steak Diane Sauce Perfect Recipe
The best steak diane sauce that I ever tasted came from my local restaurant by the sea and had a velvety silky consistency, creamy yet savoury with a hint of parsley and mustard. Perfect with steaks of any domination it is surprisingly simple to make and very quick to cook.
Fortunately for me, my local restaurant is run by a good friend of mine and one summers night after our meal I decided to pop into the kitchens and see the chef making this delicious creamy sauce. This is what happened;
The Perfect Steak Diane Sauce Recipe Ingredients
2 x Shallots sliced thinly
4-5 Mushrooms thinly sliced (chestnut mushrooms are favourite)
2 x Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
1 x clove of crushed Garlic
1 x Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
2 x Tablespoons of Cognac
Small handful of chopped fresh parsley
1 x knob of butter (teaspoon)
200ml Single cream
Salt & Pepper
1. Using the same saucepan as you used to cook your steaks (they can be resting whilst you make your sauce (see Cooking Time For Steaks) heat up the olive oil and butter until hot.
2. Add your finely chopped shallots, mushrooms, garlic and some salt and pepper cooking gently for a couple of minutes until soft.
3. Add the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce mixing together all the ingredients.
4. Time for the Cognac! use extreme caution when adding and be prepared for the height of the flames, carefully tip the edge of the pan towards the flame to ignite the alcohol and burn it off. This will usually all be completed in just a few seconds when the flames will die out.
5. Add the single cream and parsley stirring.
6. Bring up the boil and reduce to simmer.
7. You should now have a caramel colour thick and creamy sauce.
As I said, really simple recipe yet amazing flavours from the cognac, mustard and shallots, with just a hint of Worcestershire sauce makes this steak diane recipe the best in the world and as good as you will find in any top restaurant! Enjoy your cooking.