How Long To Grill Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are an often overlooked part of the chicken given their lack of meat content however, there is nothing better than succulent and juicy chicken wings coated and baked in the oven, grill or BBQ. In fact, if you purchase a large chicken and detach the wings from the carcass you will have some fairly ‘meaty’ wings which are an excellent cut perfect for the BBQ given their quick cooking times. But just how to to grill chicken wings?
Grilling chicken enables the fat to drain off and delivers you a delicate, crisp wing lacking excess fat. The true test in grilling chicken wings is the inevitable flare ups and burning. However, to resolve this, keep your grill to a medium flame/heat and turn the wings frequently to avoid burning. The total grilling time for chicken wings will be around 15 minutes with constant turning to avoid burn marks.
A good chicken wing cooking tip is to simply place them on a baking tray and cook in a medium to high oven for 20 minutes (turning once) before allowing them to cool slightly to allow you to brush on some tasty BBQ sauce. You can then introduce your wings to the grill and giving them around 3-4 minutes on each side on a medium grill to finish off the cooking and sealing the sauce into the wings.
A great chicken wing recipe is provided for you below to accomplish just that!
Honey & Mustard Chicken Wings Ingredients
1 x tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 x small Onion, chopped as finely as you can get it
2 x cloves of crushed/minced garlic
2 x tablespoons of clear runny Honey
4 x tablespoons of tomato sauce/ketchup
4 x tablespoons of Worcester sauce
2 x teaspoons of Mustard
2 x teaspoons of Tabasco sauce (use less or more according to you liking)
8 x chicken wings (remove the very tips at the joint)
2 x tablespoons of plain Flour seasoned liberally with salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 210C.
2. Cook the onion and garlic in a frying pan on the hob for 3 to 4 minutes until softened and translucent.
3. Blend in the honey, tomato and Worcester sauces and then the mustard and Tabasco sauce. Simmer over a very low heat stirring for around a minute.
4. Coat the chicken wings in the seasoned flour and spread the sauce plentifully.
5. Arrange the sticky chicken wings on a non stick (if you have one) baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until golden and cooked through.